[geeks] Sun a possible takeover target - rumours

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Sun May 11 10:42:08 CDT 2003

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 12:31:42AM +0200, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> That said I don't think you can compare GNUstep with either Gnome or Kde in
> terms of functionality for the programmer.

You are absolutely correct.  While GNUstep still needs more work, and
there are some features it would be nice to have (I don't recall them
doing much with antialiasing, or GNOME/KDE interoperability), at this
point it is absolutely unfair to compare GNOME or KDE to the massive
amounts of usefull functionality that GNUstep has for the programmer.

On the other hand, GNUstep is way behind on application support, and
thus lacks needed end user functionality.