[geeks] OpenOffice released for Irix

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat May 10 17:35:45 CDT 2003

On Saturday 10 May 2003 21:48, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Runs like a champ.  Less than 10 seconds to display the main window from
> issuing the command line, no action I've done so far would qualify as
> 'slow', and everything (and I mean everything) is in there.
>
> Finally finally finally!!
>
> /me does happy dance

Hehe, what cpu is in that box exactly? I found 1.0.3 slightly slow on my
athlon 800 (till it died) and unbearably slow on a p133. Haven't tried on the
ss2 yet ;-)

I'll install the beta on my own box, if it's really more modular then previous
versions. btw, I don't understand why they still bother with their own wodget
set. They'd reduce memory usage on most platforms by using Gtk as a widget
set (runs on everything that OOo runs on afaik).

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be