[geeks] OpenOffice released for Irix

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Sat May 10 05:55:30 CDT 2003

It runs pretty well too.  I was using 1.0.1 on my
Octane for a couple of weeks before the 1.0.3 tardist
was available and had no issues with it.  In fact, now
that you can do "office stuff" i am considering
building up one of my Indys and hauling it into work
and using it as my main workstation.

Of note, the OpenOffice beta 1.1 has a ton of
improvements, most notably it doesn't take an hour to
start up the application :) .... don't think beta 1.1
is our for IRIX just yet though.

/KRM