[geeks] Sun a possible takeover target - rumours

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat May 10 12:40:43 CDT 2003

On 10 May 2003, Koyote wrote:

> Hrm. I seem to recall some openstep and nextstep support for
> solaris.......

Not for Solaris, for SPARC.

> I like the solaris binaries, really. I usually run solaris and
> windowmaker in a fairly classic config and it seems to be fine to
> me. Except the stuff in /usr/dt/bin always looks ugly :/

ANYTHING involving CDE is bound to look ugly.  Just figuring out how to
add "WindowMaker" to the list of login options took me forever.  And
don't even ask what a pain in the ass it is if you want a "just when
whatever happens to be in my .xinitrc and STFU" option.

--
Jonathan Patschke *) "The grabbing hands grab all they can, all for
Thorndale, TX     (*  themselves, after all, it's a competitive world;