[geeks] Mac clone suckage

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu May 8 08:35:09 CDT 2003

Matthew Braun <mjbraun at enteract.com> wrote:

> This is just wrong:
>
> http://www.2khappyware.com/corecrib.html

I initially looked at the price (I'm a bottom line type person) and thought
it was *way* overpriced for a case - then saw that the price includes a G4
motherboard and a power supply.  So, the price isn't bad.  But I agree, the
case is really ugly.  However, it can help you get into the mac world on the
cheap - which is never a bad thing.

> These people are selling cases so that you can build your own Mac. Yet
> when the case looks just like a crapulent PC case, it just hurts my
> eyes. While they have a concept for a slightly better looking design
> (http://www.2khappyware.com/corebox.html), it just eliminates the
> form/function pairing that I find so appealing.

When they come out with this, I'll be very tempted to buy one.  I love
Pizzabox chassis.

> Unrelated, but amusing: my neighborhood had a blackout last night and I
> wound up walking around my house with my TiBook hoisted over my head,
> acting as a flashlight. Sadly, I've done it many times before. You'd be
> surprised how well they can light your way...

I've got Streamlight tactical flashlights littered around the house for just
such emergencies.  Had to use them a few times this week, too.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."