[geeks] SGI success?!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun May 4 18:17:54 CDT 2003

So I booted from the install CD, did an "sh" to get a shell, then after
dinking around for a bit, I went and tried to figure out the chroot
command.

When that failed, I went and ran /root/bin/passwd (/root is where the
installer mounted the initial system image). After changing the root
passwd (on /, the temporary installer root image), I cp'd /etc/passwd
to /root/etc/passwd (saving a copy of the previous one first!) and
rebooted.

I'm IN!

Thanks to all ;^)

=====