[geeks] So I'm sitting in front of my "new to me" SGI Indigo^2 (teal)...

James Braid jamesb at digipost.co.nz
Sun May 4 16:55:56 CDT 2003

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> ...and I'm suffering from a "lack of root" password. Any thoughts?

You should be able to either boot up in single user (hit escape when it
starts to boot, then 5 for command, then boot -s (or boot single, i forget).

Otherwise, boot off the IRIX installation CD into the miniroot, type
"sh" when you are in inst to get a shell, then you can chroot into the
drive and reset the password using passwd.

HTH

- James