[geeks] SunFire 280r 'rescue'

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Mar 28 07:11:03 CST 2003

Gavin Hubbard <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> I just scored a complete and 'as-new' 8 month old SunFire 280r server with
> a single 900MHz/8MB USIII, 2GB of RAM, 36GB FCAL disk, redundant PSU, DVD,
> rack mounting kit, dual channel Ultra SCSI controller, and transferrable
> Solaris license. All this for 1,742USD!!!!! (plus 12.5% sales tax). This
> is what - 15% of the Sun list price?

Yes, you do suck.  However, you have some very nice gear, so you can't be
*all* bad.  So we'll forgive you, as long as you keep letting us know where
all the newly off-lease stuff is.

--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."