[geeks] AGP irritations

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 16:04:31 CDT 2003

--- Gary Nichols <gary at linuxforce.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Kevin wrote:
>
> > Not to rehash the "x86 is crap" arguments from earlier but
> > unpleasant surprises like this can be added to the list of
> > x86 downfalls.  Now i'm forced to the buy the overpriced SGI
> > adapter box or another AGP card with the funky OpenLDI (Micro
> > Centronics) connector.
>
> You can also buy the PCI version of that same card (#9 Revolution
> PCI).

I fail to see how this is an "x86 downfall" - if anything, it is an SGI
downfall that they choose to use such a "funky" connector...

If it really is too much hardship for you to take, I'd be happy to take
the (presumed) SW16000 flat panel off your hands ;^) (I'll even pay
shipping to ease the pain)

=====
Lionel