[geeks] Movie Shenanigans (was RE: [rescue] Hackers)

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Mon Jun 23 09:38:21 CDT 2003

(forwarded to Geeks)

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez [mailto:lefa at ucsc.edu] on Sent: Monday, June
23, 2003 3:11 AM said

>It iss like one of my friends from the Army (a certified gun nut), who
>everytime he watches any war movie he has to point out how that specific
model
>of the gun was produced 2 months and 3 days after the specific date of the
>events portrayed in the movie, therefore the whole movie is bulls... :)

>Sometimes is good to just turn off the brain and simply enjoy the
>entertainment.

Sometimes a man has to stand up and cry shenanigans when he sees dreck like

Rambo, in a downed Huey, takes careful aim with his LAW disposable rocket
launcher and then brings _down_ the gunship that would have blown him to
smithereens.  Without the back blast from the recoilless weapon blowing out
the back of the helicopter or otherwise toasting him like a marshmallow.

Off Topic (hah) Sly Stallone has (IMHO) acting talents I'd forgotten about.
I loved Rocky, then he made dreck movies (Tango and Cash? Rocky IV?  c'mon).
Saw both 'Driven' and 'Copland' on cable this weekend, both really good
films.

Brian