[geeks] Alarms, or why I hate computers

jodys at helluin.org jodys at helluin.org
Sun Jun 22 22:47:00 CDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 09:05:26AM -0700, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2003.06.21 01:30 jodys at helluin.org wrote:
>
> >So, I haven't needed my alarm for awhile, and it's power socket is now
> >being used by the monitor. Well I need to wake up at a certain time
> >tommorow. So, stupidly enough, I decided that I should use my
> >workstation (an Indy running Irix 6.5.16m) to wake me up instead.
>
> p.s. You really didn't know at(1) and cron(1M)???

No, I've used cron(1M) a bunch and, as detailed in the message I was
unsuccessful with at(1). Not that I couldn't have made these work,
just that I was time constrained due to the lateness and didn't get
to these fully. Since I use this software so rarely I generally
forget the syntax, special caveats, which kind of chicken I'm
supposed to sacrifice, etc.

Jody