[geeks] Cell Phone Lovin

Thomas Gallaway tgallaway at comcast.net
Wed Jun 18 09:32:53 CDT 2003

>> 	First get you mind out of the gutter :-)  . Anyone got a suggestion
>> for a new cell phone? I was looking around Comp-usa last night as I
>> was
>> buying blank cd-roms and started to get the idea that maybe I should
>> get a
>> new cell. My Kyocera has served me well, I even have the palm connect
>> kit
>> for it to allow it to dial up, but it is time to move on.
>
> I have a Sony/Ericsson t68i, and love it, but my next phone will be a
> Sidekick of some sort.
>
> Bill

I used to have the sidekick. Nice phone just the battery life sucked. I
constantly
had to carry my charger with me until I lost it. (Left it at some
clients plugged in
I guess.) Now I have the Sony/Ericsson T300 that pretty much kicks ass.
It's the
same like the t68i just without the bluetooth what kindoff sucks as my
new laptop
does not have infrared anymore. I also would stay away from those
Palm/Cellphone
hybrid's as they suck battery's alot. A friend of mine has to carry a
2nd battery with
him all the time. He has to charge it every day. The T300 has 2 weeks
standby time
and 8 hours talktime (in good conditions).
If he want's to use the phone more for online tasks like email or aim
the sidekick
would be a good bet. But if he has to make many phonecalls go for a
regular
cellphone that addon functions and good battery life.

Cja - Thomas