[geeks] Cell Phone Lovin

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed Jun 18 08:56:22 CDT 2003

	First get you mind out of the gutter :-)  . Anyone got a suggestion
for a new cell phone? I was looking around Comp-usa last night as I was
buying blank cd-roms and started to get the idea that maybe I should get a
new cell. My Kyocera has served me well, I even have the palm connect kit
for it to allow it to dial up, but it is time to move on.
	I know a couple of people on rescue have the Sidekicks, and I must
admit I like the looks of it a lot. I am a little worried about how well it
works as a phone. Also can you change the programs on it? How robust is it?
Can other carriers besides T-mobil use its service,I sit 50 feet from a
tower with Suncom and Sprint PCS on it. I want to stay in that area cause
it's real nice to have max signal anywhere I am at work. How is the battery
life on the unit?
	 I was also looking at the Treo phones with the built in PDA being
tempted by those. The reviews on Amazon seemed to pan them as being to
flimsy so I am a little hesitant in that area. Anyone have one that can shed
some light? Same real questions as the Sidekick.
	Anyone got an suggestions on others I should take a look at?
Criteria being that it accepts cellular phone calls. Then after that I want
it to be as geeky as possible.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org