[geeks] Another SGI/Octane question...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 15:22:17 CDT 2003

--- "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, KRM wrote:
>
> > The lightbar is suppose to glow red on boot but only during POST.
> > If POST is all well, it then changes to white.
>
> Ah!  I meant to give this link in my post.

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi/hdwr/bks/SGI_EndUser/books/Octane_OG/sgi_html/ch08.html#id51322

THANKS! I did open and examine (without touching any components! I knew
that much...) the system before powering it up. Based on the
chart/link, I think I may not have reseated everything right (at least
I hope I didn't ;^), so I'll try that first, then press on the *non*
CPU heatsink, then try swapping IP30 MBs with my single CPU Octane.

Thanks everyone!

=====
Lionel