[geeks] Problem with my Screen

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Jun 7 15:18:13 CDT 2003

A row of transistors is stuck on in one case green in the other blue.

You would need a replacement LCD...

If you do a mail-in Apple repair it might cost a bit but it'd be less
than taking it in and getting charged for the LCD which is usually
$1000 plus.

Apple wants $330 flat to fix my Pismo... I might do it soon, but the
problem can wait... Mine is a case of not being able to warm boot...
only cold boot.  If I warm boot I get a flashing question mark... If I
power off and back on I boot normally.  Sleep is ok too so I think it's
the motherboard (not the power board) or the hard disk.  What would
suck is if it is the hard disk and I still get charged for the repair
and then have to replace the drive anyway.

Andrew