[geeks] Can someone sell me a cheap ultra sparc :-)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jun 4 18:16:32 CDT 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Scott Howard wrote:

> Why?  The loss of a few of the static binaries is a bit of a pity, but
> not something that can't be overcome.

I suppose.  I mean, you already can't boot a Solaris with a b0rked /usr,
and /sbin doesn't contain static binaries.  If a system-installation CD
is a requirement for fixing a broken system, might as well go ahead and
root all the statically-linked binaries (aside from crle and such) out
of the system.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren