[geeks] GPS on planes

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 20:02:49 CDT 2003

--- Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:

> Personally, I hope the GPS is not important to the pilot at all.
>
> The day we start depending on them, we are in trouble.

Note: We are in trouble - GPS is important, and I depend on them, as do
countless members of the military (the folks that designed and funded
GPS).

Personally, I want a small, inexpensive GPS type unit with a serial
port that I can use as a local time source/reference on my home network
(for geek points)... Under $50 would be perfect.

It's a shame they don't have serial ports on the low cost "atomic" (or
"radio controlled") clocks...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall