[geeks] gps on plane

Hugh Saunders hugh at mjr.org
Sat Jul 26 17:48:31 CDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 12:03:36PM -0700, Mike F wrote:
> Am I naive in thinking that they should just put a big shield around
> the passenger compartments and be done with it?

> Or is this actually a large
> technological hurdle, to provide such shielding?

What would you construct it out of? i have a feeling that it would be
incredibly heavy [well in terms of avionics anyway] but then i dont know
much about radio/engineering/signal damping.

I was interested hear that passive stuff may leak signal, i didnt know
that. [like some 802.11 cards leak packets while running kismet [yeah i
know thats different cause they are designed to transmit as well]]

--
hugh