[geeks] Psychotropics aka anti-depressants, etc

Benjamin Gardiner cvisors at carnagevisors.net
Thu Jul 24 09:06:43 CDT 2003

N. Miller wrote:

> On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 07:12 PM, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
>

>>On Monday, Jul 21, 2003, at 20:44 Canada/Eastern, N.Miller wrote:
>>

>>>One tidbit that's failed to garner much news--at least one
>>>of the kids involved in the multiple shooting incidents has
>>>been on psychoactive drugs (for ADD, ADHD, etc).
<snip>
> Latest research by less "mainstream" pediatricians indicates that a
> connection between the behavioral issues called ADD/ADHD and
> nutritional deficiencies.  Kids are more sensitive to micronutrient
> deficiencies than adults are because their bodies are still growing.
>
> Anyway, no mention of the "f" or "g" word anywhere. ;-)
>
> =Nadine=

One thing, I suffered from ADD/ADHD when I was a child in the 70s, and I
was put on a diet to help with it, as it was believed that some
artificial food dyes and flavours (and some food stuffs) caused the issue.

I was on Ritalin for a short period of time, but at the age of eight I
told my parents that I didn't want to take it. end of story.

But it is definatly related to diet... I still to this day I find that
artificial food dyes and flavours can make it a lot harder for me to
concentrate.

Benjamin
--
one you lock the target