[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jul 22 13:11:41 CDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> ... but they didn't. They used GUNS.... IF statements are not really
> that useful when dealing with reality.

Oh, so if it's a GUN, it's evil.

> ... again, but they didn't. They happen to use GUNS...

If you have a firearms hang-up, just say so.

> > All things in moderation.  No inanimate object is inherenly good or bad,
> > but they tend to reflect the attitude of their user.
>
> ... Not really. A gun is designed to kill people, that is its only purpose
> of being,

Nope.  Guns are also used for hunting food.  Killing is not a bad thing.
Murder is.  Guns can be used for killing that is not murder (ie:
self-defense, hunting).

> See it takes a looooot of effort to kill another person using your bare
> hands

I beg to differ.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford