[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Jul 22 10:52:51 CDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Steven Hill wrote:

> > See it takes a looooot of effort to kill another person using your bare
> > hands, or by throwing empty prescription bottles. It is a little bit
> > more difficult to survive an attacker that has a real gun on his or her
> > hands.
>
> It does? I always thought it was easy to kill someone with your bare
> hands... Perhaps you were taught by the wrong person then...

Well if the victim is weak or asleep, probably. If the victim is a NFL pro
linebacker.... killing him with your bare hands may take a bit more
effort. :)

> Not sure baout the empty prescription bottles though. You might inhale
> dust or something.

I assume anything thrown with enough momentum can cause some serious
damage, the speed needed for a empty prescription bottle to generate
damage may be also a tad hard to generate by using man powered means :)