[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jul 17 19:59:56 CDT 2003

> I dunno, I would feel safer in the city with worst police performance.
> If
> I get you in a dark alley and I already have a gun pointed at your
> face,
> you as a sensible gun owner you know that the last thing you wanna do
> is to
> test whether or not that gun is loaded. So indeed you will get your
> money and
> your gun taken from you. So in the end you achieve the samething, i.e.
> you got
> robbed.

Actually, you are wrong.  Please don't try and say what a gun owner
might do as a course of action.  You've already established you're
scared of guns, so your supposition of what someone who isn't scared of
guns would do is...invalid, frankly.

My training tells me exactly what I would do, and yes, it involves
exchange of fire.

> We can make all the made up scenarios you want. I believe guns are for
> the
> most part a psychological safety resort, whether or not those guns make
> you any safer in reality is debatable.

Aside from safety of whatever from whatever, SHOOTING GUNS IS FUN,
DAMMIT!!

--
Kurt				"There are some bad people on the rise.
kurt at k-huhn.com	They're saving their own skins by ruining peoples