[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Thu Jul 17 18:17:03 CDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> > One of the people I used to know was a professional stickup artist.
> > (He's now in prison for it.)  He carried a .50 semi because the barrel
> > was humongous.  When people were confronted with it, they wouldn't put
> > up a fight, because they could imagine the size of the hole that big
> > of a bullet would leave in you.  He used to tell me that he really
> > didn't even need to carry it loaded, but did anyway, "just in case".
> > I'm not even sure he ever shot anyone.
>
> Exactly what .50 did he carry?  A .45ACP would have looked just the same
> to the uninitiated, and won't toss you around as much if you ever shoot
> it.

I don't even know what make it was.  I only saw it once or twice, but it
was definitely a .50 semi because he said as much.  I don't think he was
worried about the recoil, as I said, I don't think there was ever much
cause to fire it.

Anyway, many of the people he was sticking up were Chinese gangsters.

Peace...  Sridhar