[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Thu Jul 17 16:27:37 CDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 nick at snowman.net wrote:

> I suppose that's technically correct, however I look at stupidity as a
> constant between both, and drop it.  They're just as stupid when
> confronted with a gun, possibly even more so, it just dosen't affect the
> outcome as much.

My point is this:  You are less likely to act like a moron when confronted
with a gun.

One of the people I used to know was a professional stickup artist.  (He's
now in prison for it.)  He carried a .50 semi because the barrel was
humongous.  When people were confronted with it, they wouldn't put up a
fight, because they could imagine the size of the hole that big of a
bullet would leave in you.  He used to tell me that he really didn't even
need to carry it loaded, but did anyway, "just in case".  I'm not even
sure he ever shot anyone.

Peace...  Sridhar