[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Thu Jul 17 15:29:00 CDT 2003

Frank Van Damme [mailto:frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be] on Thursday,
July 17, 2003 3:15 PM said

> > I may have not stated that last as well as it could be; obviously I fall
> > into the former camp and, as much as I've tried to understand the
beliefs
> > and motivations of the latter .. I just can't.  It's too alien.

> Maybe you are just different persons then me :) . I just can't seem to
grasp
> the sanity of a law allowing citizens to carry arms.

Yah, the world would be boring if everyone was the same.  I suspect we are
all the product of our backgrounds and society.

Think about it this way - carrying a firearm, and being able to use it, was
in the not-too-distant past where I'm from (Texas) a requirement if you were
going live.  Indians, Bandits etc were a real hazard in my great granpa's
era.

A situation like that tends to have an effect for generations after in all
manner of strange ways.

~brian