[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jul 17 15:07:27 CDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:07:05 +0200
Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> On Thursday 17 July 2003 19:35, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>
> > I won't get into the guns vs. no guns debate as I believe it's
> > pointless. Two sides of an issue convinced that they're "right" (or
> > left, as the case may be ;) and nothing can convince either side to even
> > take a rational look at the opposition's argument.
>
> I would deny that last statement, but I think you're right, the fight
> isn't over yet. As long as it isn't fought with guns, that's still OK :-)

Naw, it's been proven time and again here in the US.  It ends up falling
into a shouting match with the chanting of slogans and whatever.  It's akin
to motorcycle helmet laws.  It doesn't matter what the facts are, people
have prejudices and beliefs and (for the most part) refuse to see validity
in any other argument.

It's just human nature, nothing you can do about it.

> > That and shooting guns is fun....
>
> Paint ball must be more fun! :-)

Oh, paintball is fun.  However, there's a huge amount of satisfaction gained
from shooting.  It's hard to explain until you've done it.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."