[geeks] FW: [rescue] UPS Recommendation

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Wed Jul 16 09:15:53 CDT 2003

> Which still doesn't guarantee that the cops will show up in time.  If they
> can't guarantee light speed response the instant I need them to protect me,
> then I have a moral responsibility to have the means to protect myself
> and/or my family.  And my neighbors if they need.  Hey, wait, that sounds
> like that-there militia thingee mentioned in the Constitution ...
>
> ~brian

"Light speed" I would not expect, reasonable time definitely.  I live
in a city and there should be a police car within 5 minutes (including time to wake
up from a nap).  Ah, yes....the militia thingie.  Wasn't that what the Civil
War was really about (Federal govenment usurping the states' rights)?
But, then again, how many lawyers even know the Constitution, much less follow it?
(I'm not trying to start a flamewar here....really...wink....)
Bob