[geeks] SGI announces new offerings ...

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Tue Jul 15 01:31:48 CDT 2003

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> I assume Octane2 is going to be retired soon, even the fuel since the
> Tezro supports 1 proc configs.

Why would it? I don't think the Tezro will be prices as low as the fuel
even in 1-proc configs. Besides that, the Fuel is the O2(+) replacement
(as it looks), and the O2 lived happily along side with the Octane(2),
which also was available in 1-proc configs. I believe the price
difference will make this up.

> Oh, well... what do I know about marketing, at least I know a little bit
> better than SGI's department though....

They've gone from "geeks" to "suits" in just 10-15 years.

/Bjorn