[geeks] SGI announces new offerings ...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jul 14 12:42:41 CDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:27:39 +0100
Rob Fielding <rob at dsvr.net> wrote:

> > I am a bit dissapointed, they should have keep up with the chemistry
> > naming, i.e. O3 or Ozone :). I whish they were a bit more consistent
> > with naming, i.e. I liked the "color" based namig: Indigo, crimson,
> > onyx... and that was it. Indigo2 the original was a farce since it was
> > really teal (which is not a bad name for a product IMHO).... I thought
> > it was quite fitting for a company that makes graphics computers ot name
> > their product after colors.
>
> Indy and the was never an O for the O2...

Well, the Indy was teal, but so was the first-gen Indigo2.  The second-gen
Indigo2 was purple.  The O2 refers, I think, to "oxygen".  In that respect
you wouldn't need an "O" to make an O2.  :)

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."