[geeks] Re: SGI announces new offerings ...

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jul 14 11:21:31 CDT 2003

>I sure like this new desktop workstation ...
>
>http://www.sgi.com/workstations/tezro/
>
>I'd like mine with 16GB and cream please...
>
>Plus the full announcement of it and the Onyx4 :
>
>http://www.sgi.com/features/2003/jul/onyx4/index.html
>
>Enjoy,

My first impressions upon seeing the Tezro (in order)

1. Cool...the new system comes with a subwoofer. Wait - that is the new system!!

2. Hmm. Isn't this just a rebadged Origin 350 with a V12 graphics card?

3. No mention of NUMAflex in any of the release docs - was it not working in time for release?! The datasheet says rack server is capable of 16GB RAM (deskside limited to 8GB) which implies a NUMA expansion capability is planned.

Regards,

Gavin