[geeks] SGI announces new offerings ...

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Mon Jul 14 11:10:19 CDT 2003

> I take that logo as an extremely promising sign.

I did until I read about the ATI chips :)

> Also, I see a lot of options that they should have added long ago.  I
> just wish that they supported Octanes and Octane2s with more of those
> options (firewire video, lots of audio stuff, etc).

I assume Octane2 is going to be retired soon, even the fuel since the
Tezro supports 1 proc configs.

I am a bit dissapointed, they should have keep up with the chemistry
naming, i.e. O3 or Ozone :). I whish they were a bit more consistent with
naming, i.e. I liked the "color" based namig: Indigo, crimson, onyx... and
that was it. Indigo2 the original was a farce since it was really teal (which
is not a bad name for a product IMHO).... I thought it was quite fitting
for a company that makes graphics computers ot name their product after
colors.

Oh, well... what do I know about marketing, at least I know a little bit
better than SGI's department though....