[geeks] Discretion

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jul 8 15:38:20 CDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 nick at snowman.net wrote:

> Wow.  That's remarkably lacking in ethics.  Do all buisnessmen think this
> way?

If a competitor is willing to pay me more than my current employer, I
have no qualms about leaving my job.  I'm not here for my health.  I'm
here to work.

I don't think it's unethical.  It's just playing the game hardcore.
That's what competition is all about.

Now, that all changes if I've helped found a company or if I have some
interest in it or the products we sell.  I have some loyalty, but, all
other things being equal, I'm here to make money to buy toys and pay
bills.

What would be lacking in ethics would be to take it one step further and
defame the company in front of its current customers in order to lure
them away.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren