[geeks] This is pretty funny for a case mod

CareySchug at aol.com CareySchug at aol.com
Tue Jul 8 07:24:48 CDT 2003

Hopefully they added the window and thoroughly tested that it still worked
BEFORE they loaded anything on the HDD, so all they were risking was a few buck
for the hardware.  In the old days, there were windows on most mainframe hard
disks, and I remember PC HDD manufacturers making modified disks with windows
for trade shows so potential wholesale buyers could see what was inside.  One
mainframe disk drive I used had a set of lights to show what cylinder the head
was seeked to.  (I checkec my mail offline, so I haven't checked the web site
yet).