[geeks] New SGI workstation

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jul 7 10:31:29 CDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 1:04:20 +1200
Gavin Hubbard <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi Lads
>
> Check out the following link:
>
> http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/download.cgi?coll=&db=bks&docnumber=007-4643-001
>
> It looks SGI is going to release a new quad capable R16k workstation
> called the Tezro sometime soon.
>
> I haven't seen any official information released about this system yet. On
> paper it looks very nice.

We all had a good laugh at the name "Tezro" here at the office.  I mean, WTF
is that?  How do you go from cool names like Indigo, Octane, O2, Fuel, Onyx,
etc...to Tezro?  What, exactly, does Tezro mean?  Maybe I'm missing the
implied coolness there somewhere?
--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."