[geeks] ARGH Irix install fun (no, not bad hardware...)

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Mon Jul 7 06:32:34 CDT 2003

Lionel Peterson wrote:

> > Do you see them from "hinv" output in the prom?
>
> I do not see them in hinv - I will look towards a hardware problem...

That's definitly a hardware problem.
Check the drives for possible SCSI-ID mismatching.

> The sleds I have are teal plastic, shoudl they work in an Indigo 2? If
> an SGI sled fits, should it work, or are there subtlr differences?

I dunno what differentiates teal from the other ones, but I suspect
these could be Differential-SCSI sleds. I believe the Indigo 2 shares
the same types of sleds with other SGI-machines from that era, and some
of'em was Differential (on the higher-end workstations/servers). I don't
know enough of older SGI hardware to know, though...
Best bet is to search archives on SGI-sleds.

/Bjorn