[geeks] ARGH Irix install fun (no, not bad hardware...)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Jul 5 23:53:04 CDT 2003

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> > At shell prompt, enter 'boot f dksc(1,6,7)stand/fx.64 x'

Don't use -x.  When you boot standalone fx, it'll ask you if you want
extended mode.

> > ...opening dksc(0,1,0)
> > fx: Warning: Failed to open SCSI(0)disk(1)part(10)

Yeah, for some reason it thinks you want read-only.

> did you tell FX to enable all option, otherways the std behavior is read
> only, so if you have no irix partitions it just quits.

Standalone fx is backwards from hosted fx.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren