[geeks] Daily Dose of Unix

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Fri Jan 31 21:16:50 CST 2003

Which is unsurprising because IIRC it was originally developed on the
PDP, it's first major microcomputer port was to the m68k, and the vast
majority of its development and optimization for the past ten years has
been on x86.

Anybody know of a compiler speed comparison (as in fastest running
output) for the major architectures?

Chris Byrne