[geeks] Re: Spam filter test results

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jan 31 17:25:50 CST 2003

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 06:03 PM, Frank Van Damme wrote:
>> Chris, you're a nice guy; I dont want to kick you off any of the lists
>> I run.  I just wish you'd calm down a bit.
>
> Imho it would be abuse of power.

   This list isn't a democracy.

> The advantage of mailing lists is that people can actually skip over if
> someone drools hours long. You don't have to take it personal. You also
> don't have to be jealous of other people's spare time :-)

   The problem with this approach is that nobody (and I'm often guilty
of this as well) can seem to figure out how to change the fucking
subject line of a message.
So a thread of fifty messages with a subject something to do with Chris
Byrne's life story or latest family health tragedy might actually have
some interesting, group-relevant material in it but it'd get delete out
of hand.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley