[geeks] Re: Spam filter test results

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Fri Jan 31 17:21:19 CST 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> On Friday 31 January 2003 21:31, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Chris, you're a nice guy; I dont want to kick you off any of the lists
> > I run.  I just wish you'd calm down a bit.
>
> Imho it would be abuse of power.

Ok. That's it, I've stayed out of this whole fracas thus far. But I must
make a very valid point here:

What the hell is wrong with asserting any kind of power when the
list owner(s) deem it to be warranted? If anyone on any of these lists
doesn't like the balance of power here--namely that Bill has all and the
rest have zero--then they need to take their overly-democratic naive
namby-pamby asses back to the kiddie mailing lists when everything is
supposedly fair and just.

As far as I'm concerned, if Bill wants to kick Byrne out for being <insert
your appropriate psychological profile here>, then so be it. Hell, I'd be
glad for it, 'cause I'm willing to bet it'd increase bandwidth on my end.

--a