[geeks] Re: Spam filter test results

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Fri Jan 31 13:52:08 CST 2003

Bill,

No, actually I like to write in complete sentences, making full
statements and using structured paragraphs. I prefer to ask or answer
several questions at once rather than multiple posts. I prefer to get,
and give more details. I also tend to write as I speak. Sometimes I use
my writing to think out loud.

We have both been professional writers. You understand how to write for
a magazine or book, and how to write for an editor. I tend to write as
if I was submitting something to an editor, even with my general email
and mailing list posts. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I try to stimulate conversations on topics a lot of people seem to find
interesting. Certainly not everyone finds everything I write
interesting. I think many people find some of what I write interesting.

In this particular case I was following up on something I wrote two
weeks ago. Some of us ARE stuck with windows from time to time, and we
all know people who are. We all have to deal with spam. There are
several effective and free ways of dealing with spam for most unices but
not for wondows. Why is that not an appropriate topic for discussion?

Seems like lately, your primary means of communication with me has been
insult.I honestly don't understand.

Are you offended by what I write? Are you offended by the way I write?
If you are than tell me. If you think I'm wasting your time when I
write, then don't read it. If you think my input is inappropriate to the
geeks list then remove me. If for some reason reading what I write
causes you personal aggravation, don't read it.

I ask you to please stop insulting me.

I have never intentionally insulted you. Only once in my recollection
have I unintentionally insulted you (the comment about checking email on
your honeymoon), and that was unintentional, and will have been two
years ago in April. If I have done otherwise please tell me and I will
apologize and try not to do so again.

I was going to make this a private email, but since the posts have been
public, and your responses have been public, I decided to make this one
public.

Thank you,

Chris Byrne