[geeks] Daily Dose of Unix

dave dave at cca.org
Fri Jan 31 10:35:46 CST 2003

v53278 at g.haggve.se writes:

>Speaking of good-looking. I've always though that the SGI Onyx2 was the
>coolest hardware I've seen, in person. In my book, the sexiest machine
>out there is(was?) the Connection Machine 5, although I've never had the
>pornographic experience to have actually see one.
>Cray T3E look nice too.

CM5s are very nice up close, but the most amazing looking modern
machine has to be the CM2A. It's kinda small, but it's so James
Bond it's rediculous. (Not to be confused with the CM2, which is
a better machine, but not as insane looking.)

Of course the coolest looking machines of all are from the 50s
and 60s, when computers had real front panels.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------