[geeks] Diet Pepsi

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Fri Jan 31 08:31:05 CST 2003

Chris Byrne wrote:

> > Infact, so famous, that a company in Stockholm got
> > license to sell Jolt Cola in Sweden.
>
> Ahhhhhhhhhh Jolt goooooood. Jolt Cola, Breakfast of Champions.

Been there, done that. Heck, when we went to, what would called
"LAN-parties" today, we always had a pack of 20-or-so Jolt cans, each.
I've been drinking so much Jolt Cola once, that I though my stomach
would literaly kill me.
I've had enough of it. Besides, the US-Jolt tastes MUCH better than the
european one, trust me.

(Diet Coke from other european countries tastes better than swedish diet
Coke too.)

> A 12oz can of Jolt has 71.2mg of caffeine. Mountain dew has  has 55mg,
> Red Bull 100mg, brewed coffee has between 150 and 250mg, and Espresso
> has 600mg (a 2oz espresso shot generally has about 100mg).

We drank Jolt cause of the cool taste, and, the caffeine. It was
drinkable in large amounts, where you tend to get enough of Mountain Dew
after just 1-2 cans.

> Plus to my mind espresso tastes the best, and actually has a lower acid
> concentration than any of the others listed.

Espresso is one of my favourites, but it has a very strong taste that
doesn't always fulfill my needs. I'd rather prefer a freshly crushed
dark coffebeans for my coffee. I just can't stand "light" coffee. Tastes
like... uh. A dishrag.

> Good root beer is flavored with sasparilla, and has no caffeine. Most
> cheap root beer has primarily caramel color and flavor, and may also
> have cola flavoring (and caffeine).

I can't remember exactly what brand of Root Beer it was, but after the
first shipment we got another brand, which tasted quite differently.

/Bjorn