[geeks] OS's that support Hyperthreading on Xeon DP

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Jan 30 14:50:30 CST 2003

Well Dell systems have been using it since it came out. It's the only OS
supported by Dell on their XEON server boxes. I seriously doubt it makes
much performance difference though. Every HT benchmark I've seen has
shown very little if any improvement excpeting some VERY tailored ones.
In fact some of them show a decrease (overhead?)

Chris

http://support.intel.com/support/platform/ht/os.htm

--
Bill