[geeks] Daily Dose of Unix

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 30 13:57:38 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 12:09 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> And, nine times out of ten, I don't even have to -touch- Windows before
> I go to bed.  Life is _good_.

   Excellent.  I used to use a Windows emulator to program PIC and
Philips 89C66x-series microcontrollers, but I have software to do that
under unix now.  Now I don't touch windows *at all*.

> So, how many different variants of Unix do all of you use on a daily
> basis?

   MacOS X and IRIX on my desktop (though I'm only using IRIX for EDA
stuff now), NetBSD/alpha, NetBSD/sparc, NetBSD/sparc64, Solaris (8 and
9) in the computer room.
No Unicos machines running at the moment, sadly.  And I still haven't
gotten the time to cut myself a 2.11BSD system disk for any of the
PDP11s but I hope to do that soon.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley