[geeks] Daily Dose of Unix

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Thu Jan 30 13:22:18 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 12:09 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> So, how many different variants of Unix do all of you use on a daily
> basis?

Let's see, I'm sitting at an iMac running OSX (it's never even booted
OS9 other than the classic emulator)

I've got 3 Sun's running Solaris in the livingroom (well OK, there's
only 2 machines in the livingroom, the SS1000 is in the kitchen), as
well as a Tadpole 3GX on the night stand next to my bed.

And my latest addition, an AT&T UnixPC sitting on a table in the
kitchen (the table is sitting over the SS1000) so the total is:

Mac OS X
Solaris
  1x 2.6
  1x  8
  2x  9
AT&T Unix for UnixPC

so that's either 3 or 5 depending on if you count versions of Solaris
as different or not.

-Mike