[geeks] Quicktime on Irix

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Thu Jan 30 11:34:34 CST 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 06:40:21PM -0600, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> >I've just had a quick look, and it appears to work although without
> >texture memory I don't get much in the way of output in a reasonable
> >amount of time.

> Texture memory shouldn't make much difference, should it?

It is possible to do video as streaming textures.  It isn't something
I'd want to write into a program targeted for anything less than an Onyx
or Octane though.  A few years ago (I2 era I guess), the officially
recommended way of displaying pixels on an SGI was to use glDrawPixels,
which requires no TRAM.