[geeks] Mel Brooks Movie Quotes

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Wed Jan 29 22:38:54 CST 2003

> > And I still stand with my original statement that Blazing
> Saddles is a
> > great movie. Well actually I feel that way about almost ANY
> Mel Brooks
> > movie!
>
> I'm a big Spaceballs fan, but honestly, Blazing Saddles didn't do all
> that much for me.  It was good, but not stellar.  Perhaps it was just
> built up too much for me (i first saw it only about 4 or 5 years ago).
>
> 	-Dan Sikorski

Well Lesse, I love both movies, and spaceballs has some great moments
but I have to say blazing saddles is a classic of comedy.

And of course young frankenstein, a brief history of time, silent movie,
high anxiety, robin hood men in tights, Life Stinks, Dracula Dead and
Loving it Etc...

But Blazing Saddles has to be the best. After all it has such such
memorable quotes as

"Is that a ten-gallon hat, or are you just enjoying the show?"

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

"Qualifications?"
"Rape, murder, arson, and rape."
"You said rape twice."
"I like rape."
"Next"
"Qualifications?"
"Stampeding cattle."
"That's not much of a crime."
"Through the Vatican?"
"Kinky! Sign here."

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are
people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know...
morons."

"you use your tongue purdier than a twenny dollar whore!"

"scuse me while I... whip this out."

"Oh! It's twue! It's twue!"

"Hey, where all tha white women at."

"Anybody got a dime? Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload a'
dimes!"

I'm also a big fan of "The Producers".

"Shut up, I'm having a rhetorical conversation"

"Don't be stupid, be a smarty. Come and join the Nazi party."

"Actors are not animals! They're human beings!"
"They are? Have you ever eaten with one?"

Oh and lets not forget the songs Like, "The Inquistion" and "Jews In
Space" . And notwithstanding the quotes above, the best quotes are
prolly from "...history"

http://us.imdb.com/Quotes?0082517