[geeks] Octane Review

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Wed Jan 29 10:56:38 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:33:26PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at celestrion.net> wrote:
>
> > Does the fuel not use a standard V10 or V12 then if it has no XIO?
>
> The VPro graphics on the Fuel are XIO, but it has no additional XIO for
> expansion - just the one for the head.

First, aren't the V10s and V12s double wide cards?  I'm not posititive
about that though.  So few XIO slots would explain why it took so long
for there to be a support DM option though.

Second, so, we could potentially take a fuel, rip out the Vpro card
(resell it on epay), and add a nice dual FC-AL card to it.  Err, now I'm
having trouble coming up with exactly why, since I'm not sure those
cards would be able to saturate the PCI that the fuel has.