[geeks] Octane Quake2

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Wed Jan 29 10:43:35 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:03:17AM -0500, Kevin wrote:

> Do you mean paint box as in video editing "Harry" type
> paint box or paint box as in 2D image editing and paint
> work?  Amazon Paint is very good for the latter.

I meant paint box as in "2D image editing and paint work".  Previously,
Quantel PaintBoxs were all special, not SGI hardware, and now they are
just NT machines.

I've heard that Amazon Paint rocks all sort of goodness, but it isn't
exactly affordable either.  Nor do I know anything about how well it
will accelerate itself on a non-texturing SGI.