[geeks] Octane Quake2

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Jan 28 15:50:28 CST 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 12:35:54AM +0100, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> On Friday 24 January 2003 19:58, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > It runs, but piss poor - due to not having textureing.  However, if you
> > add a TRAM module, it runs rather well.
>

> Mkay, and what do people do on sgi boxes without texturing? :-)

In theory, it would make a killer paint box, but I don't know of any
software that supports doing that well.

They were generally considered good for 2D work and mechanical
engineering.  Personally, I think people obsess about textures too
much.  Modelling doesn't require texturing for the most part.  Animation
requires it even less.